Wednesday 21 November 2007

AS I HEAR SO I JUDGE



"I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge; and my judgment is just, because I seek to do not my own will but the will of him who sent me.” John 5:30 (NRSV)

The force of divine direction humbles us in Christ where we all admit that we can do nothing on our own. Sometimes, even in your best intellectual state as a child of God, the challenges of life can make you incapable and limited to know the cause of your life without divine direction. “I speak over your life, that you will do nothing of your own, except what the Father has commanded you to do.” Child of God, it is crucial that you hear the clear voice of God that brings you the direction you need so you can say with gladness, I only do what my Father in heaven instructs me to do.
If you are reading this today and God has already given you a dream to pursue and undertake an assignment, all you need now is divine direction. Divine direction is the currency for every outstanding destiny. From your dream through to your destiny, divine direction is the wheel that your goals and actions ride on majestically for accomplishment. Having a desire to undertake an assignment without direction can lead to a waste of resources, time and energy.

Your ear must be divinely open to the voice of the Lord to always hear what He has to say to you regarding the next direction of your life. Jesus is a perfect example of how to follow the voice of God. When you are delivered from seeking your own and give your best to seeking God in all that you do, it will make a way for God to lead you by His voice. Your judgment about your plans, dreams, and the direction of your life must be justified by the voice that you hear from the Lord regarding those areas.

I pray you will make it a habit to judge every voice of direction to be sure it is the voice of God speaking to you. For the rest of your life, it is my prayer that you will not miss the voice of God.


LIFE APLICATION

The next time you are thinking of making another decision in life, be careful not to draw your conclusions by your carnal mind. In all your desire to be guided of the Lord be determined to do His will above every thing. Pray that God will quicken your discernment to judge every voice of direction you hear.

No comments: